Freezing

T

Twink

Hey, my mates computer for no apparent reason locks up and needs to be rebooted at random intervals whether it's being used or not, it even seems to happen before windows is loaded, I figured it was some kind of hardware failure, so I used a program from simmtester.com to check the memory and found no problems. I formated the harddrive and reinstalled windows 98 (yeah I know this is an xp forum)

It's a celeron 800, with onboard video and only 64MB ram.

What is the CPU temperature? Sounds like it may be overheating.

not sure, I will go find out....

nah temp should be fine. it seems to sit round 45ish

check all your cables to make sure none are partially in/out or make sure none of them are faulty

cables are fine, just updated bios, still freezing, although 45 is meant to be quite high for a celeron

The chip is going into Historesis, that's the level before it actually fries itself, after all it is a celeron. another 5 to ten degrees it will fry itself....your celeron should sit between 35 and 39 degrees celcius.

check the fan rpm. and the box temp.

i used to have trouble with celerons doing what you mentioned all the time

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back