freezing xp, help quick

D

Dovere

hey people, i need your help as soon as possible.

my computer freezes, i hate it

help people, sorry, igore previous post

people, i have xp home and it keeps freezing

i have reformatted

i have removed the partition

i have added a new partition

i have installed it again

and it still freezes, and no particular point, but just in general

please respond to this as soon as possible, i have a box coming from best buy tommorow to have them fix it, but i desperately need a computer for finals, so if any of you could help me i would appreciate so much. thanks, any or all suggestions, downloads, or tweaks:eek:

ill go step by step for ya

step 1. get baseball bat
step 2. get in front of computer
step 3. wait
step 4. wait some more
step 5. if computer freezes by now hit with bat
step 6. go buy new computer

You will have to list your system specs piece by piece. Then describe the freezing. Is it at startup? When you open an app? What programs are loaded, etc.

Without any info except "freezing" there's nothing we can do except guess wildly. Or suggest the bat method.

If u have a suck ass computer than it is that but if it is able to support WINBLOWZ then it might be ur proccesor fan it could be dead and over heating the proccesor but it might not.

I think i know what he mean...i experienced the same problem a while ago....my solution: to upgrade my RAM from 256mb to 512mb. Fixed it perfectly.

My guess is that you are running 256mb of RAM or less, yes?

Originally posted by Lithium
ill go step by step for ya

step 1. get baseball bat
step 2. get in front of computer
step 3. wait
step 4. wait some more
step 5. if computer freezes by now hit with bat
step 6. go buy new computer

I've never used a bat, though I have kicked in the front of a computer before.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back