Freezing problems....HELP!!!!

Dory

Was LadySunshine
Ok right now I am running nothing but Norton Antivirus 2002 and mIRC chat client. Thats it... but my computer keeps doing these little freezes and it'll come back a second or so later. Its really starting to bug me that I cant run anything because of this... any ideas?

I have an AMD Duron 800MHz processor and 256megs of DDR Ram... I THOUGHT that is plenty for what I use it for....:confused:

Thanks for any ideas on this one...:(

Have you checked the event viewer logs to see if anything is buggy?

do you have any heat issues somehow? made sure all your fans are running and such?

AMD Durons... they don't have a problem with temperature *really* unless your case is *badly* ventialted...

freezes are normally caused by overheating... on an AMD Athlon it would freeze and wouldn't come back so you would have to cold-boot it... an AMD Duron like i've said above don't really have problems with heat... but its worth a check m8... get a temperature monitor like "Motherboard Monitor 5"...

MdSalih

Ok, There are THREE fans on this sucker and one side of the case is off (been this way for quite some time, I lost the damn screws to put the side back on!!), so there is the fan on the CPU, there is a second fan on the power supply on the back and a third fan in the front of the case (forgot what that one is called). And its in a room that is always cool temperatures... so it just cannot be that.

Where is the event viewer logs and I'll post it up here if someone wants to read it for me to tell me what they think? I sooo gotta get rid of this problem. :(

Right click on the 'my computer' icon> manage> Under the 'system tools' tree you'll see 'event viewer,' expand that branch and look for warnings or errors. Right click on any of the items you find and it will give a short blurb of the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back