Freezing in Texas

Sazar

Rest In Peace
Yah, I know it sounds stupid but I just got home from work about an hour ago and I was just reminiscing bout the morning and how my car was covered in ice and how cold it was.

DANG.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin...uery=73301&hourly=1&yday=341&weekday=Thursday

An idea about the current temps.

With the wind, it feels a heck of a lot colder than 28F, I think that record we have is about to be broken :(

It was about 24F at Round Rock (i.e. dell HQ)

Ice covered car, ah dangit. Never had that problem in south florida.

You people in Texas have no idea what cold is.

Believe me, it was about 80F just a day or two ago. A drop in temp like that is cold no matter where you are :)

And it'll be back up to 80 next week while it only gets colder in NY.

I hate winter.

madmatt said:
You people in Texas have no idea what cold is.

Right on!

It gets pretty cold here. More into winter it gets into the singles for the highs. Not as bad as it was in the 70's from what I hear. School hardly ever closes due to snow anymore cause we don't get that much as we use to :cry:.

Tittles said:
Right on!

It gets pretty cold here. More into winter it gets into the singles for the highs. Not as bad as it was in the 70's from what I hear. School hardly ever closes due to snow anymore cause we don't get that much as we use to :cry:.

When I used to live in Calgary, there could be a blizzard outside depositing 3-4-5 feet of snow and they wouldn't shut schools down.

Or it could be -58 F outside and they still wouldn't call off school. :mad:

I'm going from Southern California to NY for winter break. I'm such a fool. :p
I love NYC though. Awesome city.

WHY WONT IT SNOW HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn-it denton is getting snow.

Like Tittles said... here in NY from December until March it gets down into the single digits every night. And then you add on the wind chill.

So believe us Saz, we know what cold is. Although I feel bad for you, I feel worse for myself because it's five straight months of this crap.

NetRyder said:
I'm going from Southern California to NY for winter break. I'm such a fool. :p
I love NYC though. Awesome city.

You are nuts. Although NYC is usually about 10-15 degrees warmer than upstate.

madmatt said:
So believe us Saz, we know what cold is. Although I feel bad for you, I feel worse for myself because it's five straight months of this crap.

For 4 years I lived through 9-10 months of said crap. Therefore I win.

yes, you do. Because -20 (+) is really bad.

Bleh, pity me. I need your pity to douse my sorrows :(

Haha. You'll get through it. It's kinda depressing too. I felt really down when I went through my first winter in Calgary. It's horrible.

Get some hot chocolate, lots of blankets, and sit in front of the TV :p

i'm coming to texas for my winter break. i hope it's not too cold, where i grew up it was really hot. for some reason i thought texas was warm as well, but last time was there (over thanksgiving break), i felt like it was going to freeze to death.

PS. netryder, i live in westwood too! i go to UCLA and your profile says you do too. and what are you talking about, 58 is soooo cold! even just going to puzzles and bruin cafe means i have to put on like 5 layers.

apgill said:
PS. netryder, i live in westwood too! i go to UCLA and your profile says you do too. and what are you talking about, 58 is soooo cold! even just going to puzzles and bruin cafe means i have to put on like 5 layers.
A fellow-Bruin on OSNN! Awesome! :D
Puzzles and Bruin Cafe...hmm, so you're in the dorms then. Which year are you in?

I agree though. Even at 58F, I still feel cold here. At least we're better off than some of the poor folks in this thread though!

Currently -9F or -23C, 3 inches of snow and a wind chill of -22F.

Feels like -23F or -32C.

Just another nice winter day. And Winter is GOOD!!! I can go boarding. Well, after I get back from vacation.

I'm in Upstate NY and snowed like crazy here today. :p I don't mind the winter so much when I remember that the summer is like living on the sun.

Oh and I'll see if NYC is warmer or not .. going for a wk next wk for work. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back