freezes freezes

F

fatboy

Please help someone out there, I run two different op systems on my computer (win me and xp) on both i suffer from the computer freezing in various applications from downloading, playing games and just logging on to various applications. The only way to get out of this is to reset the system. This may happen a couple of times a day or some days it doesn't do it at all

Any ideas Pleaseeeeeee :mad:

mine did that too...

Hey - I had a similar problem to you - crash after a while of playing MOHAA... I believe mine was attributed to too much heat - I now play with the side of the case open and have had no lockups... I have a new fan/heatsink on the way too... check your temps in your bios at startup and let it idle there for a while and see if they go up... You may have a crap heatsink and fan on your motherboard like i do... also, make sure you have a couple of other fans blowing air out of your case. Check some of the other forums on heat as they discuss what temps are too hot etc... mine gets up to 70C which is super hot....

good luck

It could well be heat-related. Just leaving it idle on the BIOS screen won't make the temperature go up much though, the big heat is created when you run real power-suckers like high-end games and apps. More CPU used = More heat generated.

Thanks for the response regarding my problem, but I have a bit of software which is on the taskbar which tells me the temperature of the motherboard and cpu, and these according to the read outs are 43 to 46 degrees and never go above this.

Also I don't think it's heat because sometimes it locks up when it loads after being stood.

Bad ram ??? is there a way of telling ??? or is it
a case of changing it ??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back