• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Freecell

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
I know, I know... my first thread in a long time and I'm asking a question about Freecell...well here it goes...

My grandparents have one computer and both like to play freecell and keep the stats. My grandfather is actually quite computer savvy but neither of us can figure out how to have two seperate "installations" of freecell that individually keep track of the stats. I know there's got to be a way to make this happen. I tried copying the .exe to a seperate folder but that didn't work :(

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Freecell keeps the stats in the registry so you would need to export the stats from the registry when you want to save and you would need to do this for each person's stats. Maybe name the reg files in their name or something. Then when they want to play and have their stats you would need to import their reg file.
Save > export
Import > play

Stats are here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\FreeCell

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
Honestly I think the easiest way for them to do this is seperate accounts.
But to make it easier for them make a second account for them and have one of them go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\freecell.exe

right click and run as (under the second account.) that way they dont have to log off every time.

Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ernestrojasn