freebsd

C

cabmustang

i'm trying to get freebsd, but i can't find any download site for it. does anyone know of one?

This thread is 18 days old ... dunno where cabmustang has been. :confused:

It only takes 27 hours to get it on 56k actually, I know from experience ;)

LMAO

for cd1 right ??

cool.gif

Yup, thats all you need to get up and running tho, the rest can be grabbed later (or by DSL owning minions :p )

The amount of Linux and BSD distributions that I've downloaded over 56k is stupid, all I gotta say is thank god for download managers ;)

well if I was on 56k I would just buy the sets for 25 bucks and have them ship it

If I like the linux distro I try to help them and buy the thing, actually donate to Slackware every year as well.

cool.gif

Originally posted by NetRyder
This thread is 18 days old ... dunno where cabmustang has been. :confused:
Installing FreeBSD over XP and failing horribly?

Heard lots of talk about FreeBSD recently ... might give that a shot too :)

Originally posted by NetRyder
Heard lots of talk about FreeBSD recently ... might give that a shot too :)
FreeBSD its grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat

yeah i should probably just buy it, but i'm completely broke and need a new power supply. and downloading on 56k is sloooooooooow especially with a no name provider, downloads at like 2.5 kbs:)

FreeBSD is widely used by ISP's and Such .. It is a nice Linux Distro ... I have it and will probably put it on my server when it is done ...

Originally posted by lechtard
FreeBSD is widely used by ISP's and Such .. It is a nice Linux Distro ... I have it and will probably put it on my server when it is done ...

Correction: FreeBSD is not linux ... it's BSD Unix. ;)

Any Screen Shots of the BSD? I have the CD's but i havent installed it :D :p

Sincerly Alex

NetRyder, yer right : BSD IS NOT LINUX :p

Alex, There are no true screen shots when it comes to *nix it's primarily a CLI meaning there's not much point having a screen capture, there are of course WindowMaker, KDE, Gnome, etc which you can use for your desktop environment (after installing and configuring X *grumble* :p )
here is a nice windowmaker shot if you need an example ... mmmmm windowmaker

heres a screenshot of ls -l in /usr/ports/

BSD Screenie

This was actually taken with PuTTY on XP, but the effect is the same

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back