FreeBSD losing mount points?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
ok so i installed freebsd 7.0rc1 earlier and told it to format the drives and where to mount them, now after i have everything set up, and am happying fxping stuff from old server to new server, i see the error that the disc is full!!!

Checking it shows that drives ad6 and ad8 (store1 and store2) are not mount and do not have a mount point (fstab shows where they should be mounted), i have tried with sysinstall to give them their mount points back but this doesnt seem to work.

Anyone have any idear of why this has happened or how to resolve it? i cant afford to lose all the info i have if it keeps doing it :(

Thanks

EDIT: after some more googling it looks like the nforce 5 isnt supported by FreeBSD atm, so it looks like i wont be able to use it for my server box :(

Last edited:
it sees some parts but not all, i dont know why but it will create the drives and mount points, but as soon as you reboot the 2 400gb drives just wont mount

all i see in lable is

ad8s1 (no mount) 372GB *

also i did check the hardware.txt file in both 6.3 and 7.0 dirs, shows that there is drivers there for the sound and the network cards but nothing else, mind you even linux has issues with some of the hardware in that pc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back