[FreeBSD] Can't get Apache2 running

Hmm, I see no session ID field, but Sessions are enabled. I also checked my Windows installation with PHP (the one where my website is running on), and I don't see a Session ID field there also.

edit: I just made a testscript:

index.php:
Code:
<?php
$_SESSION['bla'] = "Hurray";
?>

and

index2.php
Code:
<?php
print $_SESSION['bla'];
?>

But index2.php doesn't print out the $_SESSION['bla'] :( shat.

Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot the said module?

re-enabled mod_unique_id and this is the error in the httpd-error.log:
[Wed May 12 17:33:14 2004] [alert] (EAI 7)No address associated with hostname: server1.THUISNET
Configuration Failed

THUISNET is the (Windows)workgroup and server1 is it's name. I've done this so I could easily share files in the future between my Windows machine and the BSD box. Is this this correctly thought? Or should I use a different config?

try adding your machines main ip to the /etc/hosts file

so something like
192.168.0.4 server1.THUISNET server1

Done. I am now restarting the machine, but is there any way to reload the hosts file without restarting the OS? Just in case I need to do it next time.

j79zlr said:
Geffy, IIRC using mod_php4 does not require any extra make arguments, but the lang/php4 port does.

sure does. Read the makefile, its a basic link to compile lang/php4 :p. Any switches added apply.

Glaanieboy said:
Done. I am now restarting the machine, but is there any way to reload the hosts file without restarting the OS? Just in case I need to do it next time.

it applies immediatly, no reboot needed.

:shakes his head:

No reboots are needed for anything to start working.

also note, mod_uniq_id is needed. I had disabled it, and it broke a lot of requests and messed stuff up.

Just make sure your DNS resolves properly.

Also note, server1.THUISNET is not a proper FQDN, you will need to change it to at least server1.huis.network.

you dont need to name it anything that your Windows machine might like, you use samba and configure it to be called Server1 on whatever workgroup you want. Basically, Windows could care less what the name is off your box.

Also note, that you should make sure to get the new source code, and compile a new world and kernel cause the version you probably have has bugs and whatnot taht could allow remote control.

For your index.php and index2.php, you need to add session_start() for it to start.

I updated all the ports and kernel yesterday, so I am up to date :)

I am gonna change the hostname later and tell you the results. Thanks X-Istence for the help :)

right, I changed the hostname to server1.thuisnet.lan, added "192.168.0.4 server1.thuisnet.lan server1" to the hosts file, but still the same error:
[alert] (EAI 7)No address associated with hostname: mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of "server1.thuisnet.lan"
Configuration Failed

WHY?!?!

hrmm
try it with the IP of 127.0.0.1 for server1.thuisnet.lan

Nope. The strange thing is, that when I try "ping server1.thuisnet.lan" it says the hostname can't be found. That is not normal behaviour, right?

try it with .net or something instead of .lan, could be something weird like that

are you pinging from the BSD box itself?

Code:
%cat /etc/hosts
::1                     localhost.Network.Home localhost
127.0.0.1               localhost.Network.Home localhost
10.10.10.55             DragonFlame.Network.Home DragonFlame
10.10.10.55             DragonFlame.Network.Home.
10.10.10.254            Booyah.Network.Home
%ping booyah.network.home
PING Booyah.Network.Home (10.10.10.254): 56 data bytes
^C
--- Booyah.Network.Home ping statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

Seems to work just fine.

So its not normal bahavior.

format for /etc/hosts is: <ipadress>\t<fqdn>

Note, i did not reboot before i added the booyah entry. Also note, that there is no server at that IP adress, which is why ping doesnt ping :p.

First off, lets edit /etc/rc.conf and change it to whatever fqdn you want so that it knows it next time it reboots, and add an entry to /etc/hosts.

Geffy said:
try it with .net or something instead of .lan, could be something weird like that

.net is a real top level domain. If he uses that, his box will go on the net tot ry and resolve, and it still wouldnt work.

All my boxen are named <name>.Network.Home.

whats your
hostname=""
set to in /etc/rc.conf
make sure its
hostname="server1.thuisnet.lan"
or
hostname="server1.thuisnet.net" (if you changed it)

if the hostname is in the hosts file and its a TLD it doesnt need to get online, I have done this with my laptop and its fine if its not plugged into the network

rc.conf
hostname="server1.thuisnet.lan"

hosts
127.0.0.1 server1.thuisnet.lan server1

those are the contents of the files (of course there is more, but I only posted the relevant sections.

I just edited the hosts file to go to 127.0.0.2 for localhost, and that seems to work. When I type in ping localhost, it tries to ping to .2. I am going to ask people at work.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back