FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE -> FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Istence

Political Access
There, sorry for the downtime but we are back. OS upgrade went smoothly, however other components did not go smoothly. The FreeBSD team is moving things around in the ports tree causing dependencies to fail, and other grieve for me, so it took longer than I had anticipated.

Welcome back, and enjoy your stay!

Err, yeah, I failed to recieve my update announcement.....

:D

The update announcement is promptly displayed immediately every time. It looks just like this:

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geffy said:
X-Istence: which ports have they moved around?

PHP primarily, which is what caused the delay:

cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
make deinstall clean rmconfig config all install

Make sure to select the Apache knob so that it installs the Apache module, then portupgrade -Rr php5\*

Then do what you normally do. It is also mentioned in /usr/ports/UPDATING, not that I pay attention to that file :p. That also caused the problem of bare PHP code being shown to users, which is not what I wanted, but it was all because the Apache module was not compiled and installed after I did the portupgrade. Go figure :p

Some others have had paramaters changed, and awstats for example is marked as broken, which caused portupgrade to freak out until I updated that to a later version so it skips all ports marked as broken.

You did a version upgrade without checking /usr/ports/UPDATING? Noob :p

They always freeze the tree around a new update, so there's almost undoubtedly a couple major changes when there is a release and the tree unfreezes.

But you knew that already.

j79zlr said:
You did a version upgrade without checking /usr/ports/UPDATING? Noob :p

They always freeze the tree around a new update, so there's almost undoubtedly a couple major changes when there is a release and the tree unfreezes.

But you knew that already.

Yeah, because I had not expected the PHP stuff to be put through before 6.1, which would have meant the PHP maintainer would have had to wait 2 weeks after the release for it to be committed. I had seen the stuff come by on the mailing list, just not expected it.

As far as /usr/ports/UPDATING not many people know that it exists.

nice its become so much easier to build it with fastcgi support so I can possibly ditch apache :D

hi X,
Can you tell me exactly we were upgraded from and to?
Photopost seems to have broken and I need to log a fault with their support.
My guess is that something in the upgrade has broken it so if we can find out as much as we can I am sure that it can be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back