Free Web Hosting that supports Frontpage2002?

Codasmd

Old School XPeriencer
Hey,

Trying to put together a site for someone...using Frontpage 2002. (I'm very new at all of this)

But I cant seem to find any free web hosting that will let you upload with frontpage.

Anyone know of such sites that do?

Thanks

I use angelfire, they have front page free. Problem is I can't get to download web folders from there, it keeps buggering it up.

www.angelfire.com

with angelfire.com goto web shell and follow links to enable frontpage and enable it.
I always insist my daughter uses ftp to upload. She uses ws_ftp95 le. She being a school pupil she can use it for free.

ftp for angelfire is ftp.angelfire.com
user name: /blah blah blah/blah blah blah
then pw below.
Angelfire says they will change index/main to .html but in my experience they don't.
As long as index/main is index.html or main.html the other files if in a frame can stay .htm

BTW what is your site?

Chance for you to get some hits :)

yes, your title... HTML is one of the easiest computer languages if you ever decide to try that instead of frontpage... or you could use pagemaker from geocities or something...?

Omnpge00....not really sure what your saying. To the best of my knowledge, the main page is titled "index.htm".

--------------------------------------------------
<p align="center"><a href="index.htm">Home</a></td>
--------------------------------------------------

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing?
Thanks

Ohhh..okay...I see what your talking about now.

I'll have to look into changing that when I get home in a few days.

Going to Tijuana Mexico for the weekend.

Thanks for the help and advice. (I'll gladly take more advice if you throw it my way)
:)

Thats why i said not to use .htm you need to name that file .html.

Everytime people type in your addie they should not have to add index.htm.

You don't need to use Frontpage to upload your files. You can use a regular FTP program and upload the files using that. If you mean Frontpage extensions ... then that is another subject ... I have yet to see a free host that supports Frontpage extensions for free.

vern said:
You don't need to use Frontpage to upload your files. You can use a regular FTP program and upload the files using that. If you mean Frontpage extensions ... then that is another subject ... I have yet to see a free host that supports Frontpage extensions for free.
Angelfire.com does. I use ftp to upload there for my daughter she likes to use frontpage extensions also.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back