[Free Stuff] Microsoft Games Playtest Program

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Had this page in my bookmarks for a while...just haven't signed up yet.
Thought I'd share it with the rest of you. :D
http://www.microsoft.com/playtest/
Be one of the first people to see future Microsoft games by participating in our Microsoft Games Playtest program.

* Novice and experienced players needed!
* Play UNRELEASED Microsoft PC and Xbox games!
* Make your opinions heard!
* Brief sessions that fit your schedule!
* Get FREE stuff!

While most of our Playtest sessions are conducted in Redmond, WA (U.S.A.) or in Austin, TX (U.S.A.), we also conduct on-line surveys and field studies for individuals who reside outside of these regions.
Some of the freebies that you can get:
You may select one gratuity from an extensive list of our most popular games, including:

* Age of Mythology
* Freelancer
* Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight
* Rise of Nations
* Zoo Tycoon: Complete Collection

New! Xbox titles now available!
* Brute Force
* Halo
* Inside Pitch 2003
* RalliSport Challenge

We've also added a few additional software items for those who prefer an alternative to game titles. These include:

* Excel 2002
* Word 2002
* Money Deluxe 2004
* Windows XP Professional

Very nice... everything in the US. :(
We never get anything nice in the UK.

ming said:
Very nice... everything in the US. :(
We never get anything nice in the UK.
The enrollment form has a field for "Country Code (if outside of the U.S.)" The "State/Province" field also includes Canadian provinces.
Not sure what that means, but it might be worth a try.

Also, just to let people know, these things from MS usually do work. ;)
There was a more exclusive (you had to be selected, and that one was U.S. only) study that they conducted in early September, and they sent me a free Office 2003 Pro box ($499 retail value)
So yes, it's worth the shot, at least for those of you living in the U.S.

Just signed up, let's see if Dutch participants are also eligable to playtest :D

hmm, lets see, i bet they have one in saudi arabia:p

themafia_69 said:
hmm, lets see, i bet they have one in saudi arabia:p
You don't have to participate in the actual playtest event to get one of the gifts. If you're selected for an online survey and you complete it, you might still be able to get something - the only question is whether MS will ship the gifts outside the U.S.

I could always do with an extra copy of Halo, or XP Pro :p Going to sign up in a few... Thanks!

edit: Signed up. So I understand that they will either call me or email me?

Well, I signed up. I've been on a few of MicroSquish's lists, so we'll see if this one pans out. :D

Sweet! Will sign-up soon. Thanks NetRyder.
smile.gif
smile.gif

prodj88 said:
ok i signed up. i hope this isn't a hoax!

it is by no means a hoax!

the one question I do have is when do you find anything out from them?

I actually tested AOM down in Austin. Was fun as hell. Man, their offices are amazing. Try to imagine a computer cluster with all the latest gaming equipment/chairs etc, arcades, pool tables, ping pong tables, free dinners, free drinks, free snacks. A bank of TVs displaying all the computers in a cluster...and they paid me to do this.... :D

leedogg said:
I actually tested AOM down in Austin. Was fun as hell. Man, their offices are amazing. Try to imagine a computer cluster with all the latest gaming equipment/chairs etc, arcades, pool tables, ping pong tables, free dinners, free drinks, free snacks. A bank of TVs displaying all the computers in a cluster...and they paid me to do this.... :D

You have no idea how jealous I am...you lucky **** :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back