free skinnable forum?

dubstar

format c:
google is getting messy, and i'm having a hard time figuring out what forums out there are easily skinnable for web production. a client has asked for a forum and i dont want to learn php to make one. i could do it in coldfusion, but he doesnt want to pay for coldfusion hosting.

anyone know a simple forum program or pre-built skinnable? :)

I don't think it's cause google is getting messy, I think it's cause there aren't any free ones. I have also done a search, without finding anything. There are many out there, but all cost money.

I would go with phpBB - it's probably the best free forum out there. TONS of sites dedicated to skinning and customizing it as well.

www.phpbb.com

there free, I just checked out many of them, and not free.

I must be messed.

Not really sure what you mean, but phpBB is free and always has been :)

sooo that was freakishly fast on the replys.

thanks very much guys.

I guess I'm going crazy, maybe I'm mixing it up with something else.

meh

Dubstar - there are also a few members here who have worked with phpBB, Invision Power, or both (like myself - ha), who would also be more than happy to provide some insight before or after the purchase. If you have any questions, besides the LOADS of information out there about it already, feel free to ask :)

I love IBF just because it a lot easier to work with, and in general it puts less load on the server even under the same circumstances like visitors.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back