free program to join avi video files

HMMmmmm I am guessing you mean two separate (I ask this because there's a freeware filesplitting program called HJSplit that will split and rejoin files, but I have no idea if that will simply join discontiguous files).

For that just about any video editting program will do the job, because you would simply import one and the import the other and "splice" them together before saving..... Of course this may be a slightly resource intensive way to achieve what you require, but it will surely work. Also since you mentioned AVI as your format that is normally the chosen "raw" format for any editting - so should be compatible (though it is also the largest file format).

As to recommendations for a video edit program to do this job - well there are many threads already on that. In your case you'll probably want the most readily accessible freeware one I should guess - and unless you have one of those intro install CD's for something like "VideoWave" or whatever that commonly come with GFX cards etc. then I would guess M$ MovieMaker is the easiest for you to use... I forget how you get it, but I know it is free and I used it once and it seemed a cinch...

Let us know how you get on and if I am right! :p

i was hopeing to stay away from a real video editing app because it just takes too dam long becuase it does it the proper way frame by frame and not just adding the avi code togther LOL.

i will try the ms one but at the moment im using the adobe premiere to do it but the ETA is almost all night.

try a nice DOS prompt

copy /b file1.avi+file2.avi newfile.avi

works for most file types

My favorite resource for this type of stuff: Digital-Digest -- 1185 video-related software titles, but you can search them, too.

well yes they are from the net but they are totaly copyright free, they are in game videos from our clan site that we have made over the years and i just want to join them togther into one for the archive, we are redoing the site and all the content. i just want to keep them for later, join them into one.

but yea i checked out the digital digest and i got some software from there. thanks for the info

So which ones worked? I used to have one that worked but seem to have misplaced it...

canadian_divx said:
but yea i checked out the digital digest and i got some software from there. thanks for the info

Glad you found what you needed. :)

vertigo said:
old thread yes :)

virtualdub is ideal for this

Virtualdub was always my favorite (free) PC app for video editing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back