Free POP Email

hotpop is the best free POP/SMTP email service there is .
I havent been able to access the 1 gig anywhere in SpyMac.

Yeah, I registered for a Spymac account more than a month ago, not for the email, but for the WebDAV space. It took almost 3 weeks for the account to get activated completely, and even now, most of the services are very erratic.

Does anybody know if/how I can connect to my gmail account via pop?

AFAIK, there is no way of doing so yet. Gmail is designed to be a webmail system, and Google doesn't offer POP access yet.

shame. the reason I ask is cause I cant access gmail from home, only work...

Yeah, I think the reason it's webmail-only is because Google wants you to be able to use some of the specialized features of GMail like message threading, and the search index, which would pretty much be possible only through the webmail interface.

SPeedY_B said:
Huh? It works fine here.

I meant that i cant see any webmail access for the 1 GB. I can only access it through POP, so I cant store anything in the 1 GB.

I think he means he cant access it using like Outlook and copying messages straight form one account to another... i do that to hotmail when it gets full... and i usually lose it all to formats

SPeedY_B said:
Every email client has the option to leave messages on the server when using pop3.
Also how can you miss the big "Mail" link on the spymac page? http://webmail.spymac.com/atmail.pl

Yes it seems to be working now, because when I had previously clicked on the mail button, when I registered in April, it redirected me back to the spymac main page.
Thanx

Never quite understood why these "X-to-pop3" apps were made, Why not just use a real pop3 service?

SPeedY_B said:
Never quite understood why these "X-to-pop3" apps were made, Why not just use a real pop3 service?

Probably because there weren't too many free POP3 mail services available. I think Spymac and Hotpop are the only real decent ones available right now for free.
But yeah, I've never liked HTTP-to-POP3 apps myself, which is why I ditched my Hotmail account and bought my own domain when I switched back from Outlook 2003 to Thunderbird.
tongue.gif

Yup, it's definitely worth it. Your own very personal email address, and no spam. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back