Free Partition Tool For Vista

Just partition with a floppy and partition magic same as before it is the same file system as xp so nothing has changed there

Yes boot from a floppy and use some free tool for partitions there are plenty and they do not need to be for Vista , it is the same file system as XP , so you can use the same tools you used in XP

I can't find any, none that look promising. Why else would I post here.

Are you looking for a tool to create new partitions or do you want to be able to modify existingones without data loss. Two different products.

If you just want to partition use Seatools, WD Utilities or whatever came with your HD. I assume Vista still has Disk Manager built in too.

If you want a free partition re-arranger, good luck. I haven't seen one I like (free or paid) since PM got butchered in the Norton buy out. I just keep a big old HD and write images to there then repartition as desired and write the image back.

Yea I think I need to re-arrange and stuff, not just partition.

You can also shrink volumes in Vista disk management then partition the unallocated space. If you boot from the Vista DVD you can create partitions on the disk screen.

I already have the hiren cd so I will use that, i forgot that it had Partition Magic on it already.

You can also shrink volumes in Vista disk management then partition the unallocated space. If you boot from the Vista DVD you can create partitions on the disk screen.

i agree, isn't it more convenient? Do you think that it(vista partitioning tool) isn't so good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back