Free Norton Systemworks 2003

Dang it, why did I buy it (another copy won't hurt). Thanks Bootsy.

I went to the Symantec site's Spam Watch Response Center and found the following:

Report suspicious online promotions of Symantec/Norton branded software by e-mail to spamwatch@symantec.com. You may also connect with the local contact of the Business Software Alliance (check the contacts list at www.bsa.org). In the US, you can also file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) about a spam email that you have received. Visit the FTC online to file a complaint, or forward the spam email to the FTC for investigation.

I sent an e-mail to their "spamwatch" and am awaiting a reply now - will pass it on if I get a reply!

Yea- I ordered it also - just in case it is legit!;)

ya, this give away doesn't make any sense, as it comes without any marketing perspective whatsoever...good lookin out, damnyank...let's see where this one goes

I'm going to get this, but I'm not going to open it, till we hear that it's safe....

you know, this would be a typical virus ploy, so be carefull till we find out more...those of you that have allready downloaded this, let us know what happened, ( if you still can..hehe), did you scan it?

ah, I see this is a box mailing, not an online download...interesting, I cna't figure it out

What's to figure out? Why would you think it's a virus? The company can't do something similar to MS? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jewelzz
What's to figure out? Why would you think it's a virus? The company can't do something similar to MS? :rolleyes:

well juswelzz, usually, when there is this type of giveaway, like that xp pro, there is some form of promotion which gets revenue back to the company, and they wind up with value for the give away.

there is no value back to norton that I can see for this give away.

hmm... i ordered. if it don't work, oh well
*cough* kazaa *cough*
yeah......umm.........k.

Excellent find Bootsy! Thanks a lot!!

This is a great free upgrade for my legit NAV2002 :)

Purchased NIS 2003 off the Symantec site today, wonder which one I will receive first.

so should i still expect it to come to me free by mail??

I'm still waiting for my free coffee. One whole cup. Been about 4 - 5 weeks now. :mad:

I spoke too soon. I take it back. The postie has just been & I got my free cup of Robert Timms - Mocha Kenya Style. Woo hoo. Must go boil some water. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back