Free Kaspersky based AV software

I'm loving this AV...Aol must be paying them a lot of money to do this but it's great.

Free to everyone? How many times a minute does the AOL advertisement window pop up?

Ahhh...

Enter your email adress to get activation code. Do I want AOL spam? I could use my work email, but it probbaly would get filtered.

"and to help offer you periodically our other products, programs, or services that may be of interest. We may share Registration Information in order to jointly present you offers with or on behalf of our business partners, but we do not allow these partners to use your Registration Information for any other purpose. Except for these joint offers, we will only share your Registration Information with third parties to provide products and services you have requested, or when we have your consent. You will have choices on whether or not to opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving further commercial e-mails from us. These opt-out mechanisms do not, however, apply to e-mails relating to your Software, upgrades or updates for the Software, or e-mails confirming or informing you about your transactions with us."

Ain't no free lunches.

So how bad is the spam attack I've got my finger poised over the download key?

And has anyne tried to uninstall it (successfully).

Last edited:
Free to everyone? How many times a minute does the AOL advertisement window pop up?

Ahhh...

Enter your email adress to get activation code. Do I want AOL spam? I could use my work email, but it probbaly would get filtered.

"and to help offer you periodically our other products, programs, or services that may be of interest. We may share Registration Information in order to jointly present you offers with or on behalf of our business partners, but we do not allow these partners to use your Registration Information for any other purpose. Except for these joint offers, we will only share your Registration Information with third parties to provide products and services you have requested, or when we have your consent. You will have choices on whether or not to opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving further commercial e-mails from us. These opt-out mechanisms do not, however, apply to e-mails relating to your Software, upgrades or updates for the Software, or e-mails confirming or informing you about your transactions with us."

Ain't no free lunches.

So how bad is the spam attack I've got my finger poised over the download key?

And has anyne tried to uninstall it (successfully).

well, avg is definately a free lunch leejend

even though I'm an avg advocate, I value lordofla's opinion and I downloaded this, I always use an email account just for spam promotions from yahoo...invaluable

thing is, I love avg, I've intalled this on close to 100 computers and not one of my clients have ever gotten a virus

the reverse is true for norton

lordofla, avg is surely better then the virus reports and uses very few resources

does anyone have the memory footprint on this kaspersky yet?

I feel guilty giving up my avg, she has been so faithful

I'm seeing 7652 K for system and 3992 K for User

I'm seeing 7652 K for system and 3992 K for User
My Tablet is off at the moment, but I remember seeing something similar.

Plus you really can't go wrong with the KAV6 engine - it has consistently come out on top on pretty much every independent test I've seen so far. It seems like this thing pulls down new definition updates almost every couple of hours too.

This is pretty much the only free AV that I would consider using. Taking KAV6 and making it free is quite possibly the best thing that AOL has ever done. Now if they get a Vista-compatible version out soon, that'll be golden. :)

(P.S. I registered with my Hotmail account that I never use. They can spam me all they want. With that said, I haven't seen any increase in the amount of junk I receive in that box since I registered.)

Last edited:
I have never seen any pop ups or received any spam from giving email address. As far as memory usage this has been lower then even Nod32 once it settles down from startup scans and such.

Attachments

• kav.jpg
    kav.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 46

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back