Free Firewall

I used to use it, if you look down through my posts in the security section you will get my full view on outpost as it is now.

Version two is a long time coming to fix a mass of issues, development has been slow and there is much fustration amound the community.

Version two has entered private beta now which is nice news and so far it looks good (screen shots are in a previous post in this section, again from me)

It is a nice firewall but needs work in its current form, i look forward to the 2nd version but right now i dont rate it highly.

Kerio however i do rate and the 3rd release of kerio currently in public beta is alot improved on version 2.

Edit: Referances:

Screen Shots of 2:

http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30173&highlight=outpost

Feelings on OP:

http://www.ntfs.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30000

I used to use it, but I had problems where about 5 people where sending Echorequests and it caused the firewall to eat up resources and slow my PC, I have Norton Personal Firewall now

Thanks for that info. I will look at the Kerio beta. I was told that Agnitum was very user friendly, and easy to add sites to that you might want to block, like doubleclick for example

Originally posted by Capricorn
Thanks for that info. I will look at the Kerio beta. I was told that Agnitum was very user friendly, and easy to add sites to that you might want to block, like doubleclick for example

Yes it is, the ad blocking and filtering plugins are useful but cause alot of stablity issues and without a third party patch leave "[ad]" text all over the website, this was patched by a third party for those that wanted a clean view but outposts admin staff talked about legal action (how stupid is that considering they are the open architecture firewall.. oh and the fact he had not broken the law or copyright, you can find my comments on that in the thread on the OP forum, not the same username but i do stand out).

Anyway, ad blocking, leaves nasty ad text and causes alot of crashes but is supported (again third party) by Eric L Howles's AGNIS block files which are very good indeed, you can just import the blocked sites in, somethings like 2500 sites. That said so is NIS and others via ported copys.

yeah I really liked all of the features of Agnitum, but I just kept havin these Echo Requests which almost killed my PC, thats the only reason I changed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back