Free CD/DVD burning alternatives to Nero

binoyxj

PrOuD InDiAn
Ashampoo Burning Studio has a free version that is pretty good. Supports CD, DVD, and Blu Ray.

This question has been brought up before on what free alternatives there are..

Most people here would recommend either imgburn or CDBurnerXP

surprised no one has said bonfire - nice, free, and will definitely burn your cds/dvds for you :D

Can anyone recommend any of those for burning XVID movies onto DVDs? I have some home movies from years ago that I'd like to convert for my family to watch but every time I make them into DVDs they skip and stutter terribly.

I'll just say this. Yes, you PAY for Nero but, if you have specific needs, there isn't a burner out there that encompasses all the things that Nero provides to you :D

For the free versions, I think imgburn is probably the best all around solution.

oly thing imgburn wont do that nero will is make videos and crap, but if you want a straight burning prog it kicks the **** out of nero, example being when i backed up a hd-dvd disc to the drive and had to reimage it as powerdvd was being a tit and wouldnt play it as files from disc, i pointed image burn at the folder and up came a box informing me that its detected that its a hd-dvd disc and that the current settings were not right and would i like it to change them for me :) it did the same when i went to image a dvd disc

I actually bought Nero 7, and that's the program that's been causing me problems burning DVDs from DIVX files. I even tried the trial version of Nero 8 but that's not fixed anything.

I'll have a look into this Shampoo thing though :) Nice list.

do any have the sort of nero vision features? my trial for nero 8 is about to run out, so far cdburnerxp looks the most appealing, but i need to encode video from time to time

nero installs .ax files (filters) for mp4 and such (xvid/divx)

Here is a list of free CD/DVD burning alternatives to Nero.

1. ImgBurn
2. InfraRecorder
3. CDBurnerXP
4. Ultimate CD/DVD Burner
5. QuickBurn
6. DeepBurner Free Portable
7. FinalBurner
8. Burnatonce
9. Free Easy CD DVD Burner
10. AVS Disc Creator FREE
11. Express Burn
12. SilentNight Micro Burner
13. Burn4Free
14. EASY Burning
15. Disc Master
16. BurnAware Free Edition
17. StarBurn

YOU MAY CONTRIBUTE YOUR FAVORITES ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see you really like to make lists dude - probably this will last as long at the contest stays open. :rolleyes:
Anyway, keeping it ontopic - I'm using CDBurner XP from time to time, although I don't do much burning these days anymore.
It's a decent program, with good options - despite its title it also handles DVDs, ISO images, Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back