free browsers for mobile phones

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
Gonna post a sticky for windows mobile web browsers.

Right now the mobile internet explorer is not nearly as good as a few of the other browsers howevert on many units the add on browsers have issues, I'm gonna post the browsers I've used, please contribute when you have information to add concerning these or any windows mobile browser

My favorite to use is the first one up and everyone should get right now because it's an unlimited, license does not expire beta of mobile opera

we don't know how long the beta program is gonna last so get the build now, it does have some issues so visit that blog for the latest build as often as possible, they are very slow with their builds I might add and don't expect ANY support on the forum they are not into beta support for this browser one bit

still, it is my favorite, I love how the browser can zoom and resize the window so you don't have to scroll to the right to read content

opera is memory heavy so it might not work on your unit if you have memory pressure

oh, it supports tab browsing I might add

next up is the public beta for the iris browser

this browser is based on the same engine as safari for iphone however it's kind of crude and I can't figure out how to make zoom permanent, with this browser my hardware scroll does not work and I have to use the screen, also "mobile view" is not mobile view it's off the screen for my phone, experiment, it uses less resouces then opera and you might like it

if you use it make sure you use the "page" button that's where they hid all the features you'll want to play with, it does support tab browsing

last because I think it's least, we have what opera claims is "the most popular mobile browser", this might be true but I suspect only because it works across platforms, it's java based

I hate opera mini but some of you might love the thing

here's the one I am waiting for

that's supposedly firefox for windows mobile, I cannot find a beta or alpha download so if anyone can get their hands on it please post for the rest of us

hope this helps, feel free to ask questions for support but I don't think too many of us will be able to give too much support on these browsers, I know I can't

and please if there are new builds or new browsersto try post them here.

Last edited:
Re: free windows mobile web browsers

fennec all the way...I'm assuming that is going to be awesome when it pops...using Opera Mobile on my Touch Pro and it is light years beyond mobile IE.

fennec all the way...I'm assuming that is going to be awesome when it pops...using Opera Mobile on my Touch Pro and it is light years beyond mobile IE.
you're gonna love skyfire

this does everything a regular browser does, plays flash and youtube, as a matter of fact I am playing an embedded youtube on my phone right now

this would be my favorite browser but zoom does not do enough...check this one out for your youtube embedded webpages...excellany browser

you're gonna love skyfire

this does everything a regular browser does, plays flash and youtube, as a matter of fact I am playing an embedded youtube on my phone right now

this would be my favorite browser but zoom does not do enough...check this one out for your youtube embedded webpages...excellany browser
ok, that browser is a must have on windows mobile, it not only launches youtubes flawlessly, it also streams online readio directly from the website.

the only thing that doesn't work so far on this browser are game applets from yahoo, I get to the room applet but picking a game or creating a table doesn't work

pity

Last edited:

thanx, just installed and will leave my revue below later today
no can do, I just installed succesfully, rebooted, it's not there to launch, I'll try some other things but I don't think my mogul will see it

edit

I mapped it to a hardware button to launch, it takes about a minute to launch, then another 30 seconds to load

the features they're working on are nice but don't work or work very slow on this mogul

I'm asuming this is a mogul problem and it works better on the phone it's being used for alpha test, it is not useable on the mogul at all

double edit, to remove you need to lookf for mozilla not fennec

Last edited:

Firefox Mobile alpha Leaked

Download> http://msmobiles.com/fennec/
thanx for the heads up, the alpha is now officially released

here's a video of the browser in action

the alpha link I posted gives the official download, the program works on my mogul but takes forever, it's nice but too slow till it's optimized and for now not useable

the alpha page has a pretty cool download for windows that emulates the browser on your desktop so you can help develope addons etc

Last edited:

opera just released their latest windows mobile version, haven't tried it yet but so far every version has been incredible, if you have windows mobile give it a download, free beta

what about Blazer guys ....

• Key Features: Standard browser features
  • Operating System: Palm OS

Last edited by a moderator:

what about Blazer guys ....

• Key Features: Standard browser features
  • Operating System: Palm OS
-------------
crane service Fairfield

I don't know much about the palm os and this is a windows mobile thread after all (great windows mobile browsers)

this looks like a fine browser, and I am going to change the title of this thread to "mobile browsers" rather then simply windows moble browsers

thanx for the link

I am using opera mini on my Motorola V3x and it does fine in rendering the pages, this is way better than the built in browser on my phone. I'll try fennec later and I wil see how if it is better than opera mini..

Has anyone tried the Firefox browser for the Android? I would be interested to hearing about your experiences. Thanks.

Yes I have tried in different browsers its working best with the opera mini.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back