Free Blu-ray Player

N

Not Bman

For awhile now I have wanted to find a free blu-ray player for Windows. As most people are wanting. I just don't like the paid applications out there, and don't have the money to buy them (trying to be legit these days as well).

So I came across this application.

DAPlayer - Free HD Bluray Video Multimedia Player Software

I haven't found too many review for it. I was wondering if anyone here has used it or heard anything about it. Does it really play blu-ray discs?

I also am going to be installing MPCHC with a few other codecs found here (Setup guide for MPC-HC + madVR | Coalgirls) for most of my media. Wondering if this application will cause any issues outside of the player..

So I have been playing around with it.

I have played Avatar & Zombieland with it without any issues. The only downside I see is it will only play the movie, no menu systems or extras. Which I am ok with, at least for now for free.

What I don't know if it is or can affect any other codec media players on my system. VLC is an all in one player. If I have MPCHC with all the codecs I want setup, does VLC have the ability to cause issues or is it self-contained in the player? I would assume this program would act the same as VLC.

mpc-hc will play most blue ray movies once the copy protection is removed with anydvd hd.

I say most as some discs have the movie split in to several files rather than one large one. In those cases arcsoft total media is my player of choice as it still supports hd-dvd which is useful until I replace my hd-dvd movies with bluray editions.

MPC-HC will play the correct file from a blu-ray disc, but can't open the disc and auto play the movie right?

Correct. You need to play the file directly by double clicking it or dragging and dropping to mpc-hc.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back