free backup outlook express?

fantasi

My Yngy is My HoneY!
hi is there a program that i can use to backup outlook expresss. Doesnt have to be free but a shareware will be good enough as long as it does everything e.g. everything works but has 30day trial.

i want to back up everything, mostly incoming outgoing, trash, bla bla u know what i mean. i tried this program called 'outlook express backup freebie" bit dodgy. doesnt do the job. anyone know of any other programs?

thx

oh wait..nvmd that dodgy program did work. had to put a file in before..nvmd..thx anyways

There's no need for an extra software to save your e-mails, address book and accounts, 3 steps using only copy/paste:

1- e-mails: save this folder C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxx\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\*.*

To restore them (all e-mails/folders), file > import > messages > outlook express 6 > import mail from an OE6 store directory (give path to where you saved them);

2- address book: save this file C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxx\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\xxx.wab

To restore it, file > import > address book (give path to where you saved it);

3- accounts: tools > accounts > choose account to be saved > export, you'll get an xxx.iaf file. Repeat the same operation with each accounts.

To restore it/them: tools > accounts > import > give path to where you saved the xxx.iaf

Et voila, you saved everything the surest way ;o)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back