Freaky Display Issue aka WTF?!

M

Maverik

Asus A7A 266 MB
Eagle Gefore2 MX400 64mb
Sony G420 19" Trinitron <- DaBomb :)

Normally it looks great. But not long ago I started to see some odd distortion around the borders of my windows, mostly in line with text selection or excel cell borders... Thinking this was odd but no major prob I didn't stress.

Yesterday when I went to resize a window b draggin the edge vertically it fecked up real bad. The edges of the screen around horizontal from the mouse pointer and selected window edge get completely rooted and it looks like someone is cutting my image up with a chainsaw! When I let go of the resize *poof* back to normal and no more issues!

I'm thinking either this is a hardware (vid card) prob or perhaps its time to reinstall video card drivrers and XP Pro...

has dust accumulated on your video card? if you don't already, it'd be a good idea to clean out your case once in awhile to keep airflow goin and keep things cool. your video card may be overheating. if it's not from dust, it might be from a warmer room than usual (summer, if you're in the northern hemishpere).

if heat is ruled out and you have the latest drivers, i'd recommend doing a clean format. if it still persists, chances are your video card went bad for whatever reason.

the Eagle GF2 MX400 only has a heatsink... so no fan

you've just overclocked it too far...

Originally posted by mbunny
the Eagle GF2 MX400 only has a heatsink... so no fan

you've just overclocked it too far...

Neither the card nor the processor or the PCI bus is overclocked.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back