Framed forwarding

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
I have a Website that is 'framed' forwarded to a domain address. It works fine, but for a couple of seconds on opening, a small dialogue box by the mouse pointer shows the original address. Is there any way to prevent this?

short answer - yes :p

long answer - /me waits for A.N. Other to supply

No, since you are doing framed forwarding the users browser has to download the site from a different server than the original, which means it has to know where to go to find it. What this means is that even if you tried to cloak it, there would be no point.

The question here is what problem are you trying to solve with frame forwarding?

yes - but he can achieve what he wants moving away from frames, no?

Thanks Guys, I use frame forwarding so that the Domain Name is what shows in the Browser instead of something long winded that shows the original folder. I think my problem is caused by the folder I am pointing to being a sub folder of the original Domain. It is not terribly important but does not look too professional when the original folder is displayed, even though it is only for a few seconds.

Mainframeguy said:
yes - but he can achieve what he wants moving away from frames, no?

Depends on how things are setup, some domain registrars won't allow one to move a domain away from them unless it is frame forwarding because otherwise you might need to use their hosting.

It all depends, best bet is to get hosting for the domain from a reputable company, and not have a long winded name in the firts place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back