Frame Rate issues ....

D

Dallas

I have AMD Athalon 1.4 ecs motherboard, 256 DDR ,
Ge Force 2 MX 400
Problem :
When I installed XP Pro my frame rates went way down ?
I have all the latest Drivers XP Detonator..
Dpn't know what to do..... Plz Help

Thanku Dallas :D

Clean install? Did you? Huh?

UpGrade.
Sorry i waz away from key Board.
But thx for quick response.
I have reinstalled the detonator Drivers, and cured the fps prob but I did two things..... i disabled the nvidia tweaker... and then reinstalled the drivers.

So i don't actually know which fixed it .
I waz getting 45fps before . Now I get 65\75... Can I get more ?

question: why would you want more fps? this is an open ended debate that will never end. i believe, its been said that the human eye can only see 60 fps anyways. correct me if i'm wrong.

nah human eye can see more than 60fps, either i've got super eyes or maybe im delusional :p

i can notice the difference between 60 - 100 fps

maybe it isnt really 100fps that you are seeing. lets take coute strike for instance.

when you pull up net graph that isnt your true fram rate. it is a representation of what the engine is shooting out. if you type time_refresh in the console you will see that your FPS is much higher. i actualy think that the fps that the net graph shows is all that the server is sending you as to why when lag apears your FPS goes down. call me stupid if you want but that is my story and Iam sticken to it.

and about your frame rate problem buy a real card. something from Nvidia with TI in it or from ATI with a number above 8000
That will surely fix your problem fixed mine. was only getting 150FPS in Quake 3 at 1280x1024 with my GF3 so i got an ATI 8500 radeon all inwonder and it went to 200 still wasnt happy though so i sold it to my friend for 100 buck and went GF4 4600 from MSI now i get 230 that makes me happy. no i cant really tell the differnce but hey i have bragging rights for only $350.

sucker
put on 800x600 16 120 hz
now try 1600x 1200 16 75 hz
tell me the difference
human eye can see more then 60 fp/s or above 100 everything starts going fast like lightning
stop complaining the more the better
eh?

Your eyes can't see more than 60fps???

Lets see you use your computer all day at 60mhz refresh rate.... tell me your eyes don't hurt.

Now try this at 75mhz... your eyes hurt less.... the higher... the better for your eyes.

As for fps... theres no point getting an awesome video card when you are pretty much limited to the refresh rate of your monitor. screen tears suck =(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back