Fragmented Files

J

john30uk

Anyone know how to get rid of this fragment,i cant find a folder matching the name but did find a folder called WINDOWS/MINIDUMP with a file in it,i wonder is it safe to delete.
I have disc scaned defraged disc clean-up etc but still bad.

Yes, it's safe to delete the minidump. As for the rest of your post I'm afraid I'm not sure what you are asking.

If you mean the memory.dmp file, yes it could be deleted, this file usually is created when ever you get a memory dump blue screen.

FRAGMENTS PROBs

Yes thanks i will delete the MINIDUMP
But on the second reply yes my graphics card failed and a blue creen with the message NV_4 DISP came up and i know its not driver related and aslo know my card is on its way out,the blue creen said it was dumping my PHYSICAL MEMEORY to DISC so that why it a 512mb file in my note pad attachment ,but how do i find and delete it.
Would a search be best?.

It's probably in the root of your boot drive, but if not sure, a search.

You might want to go to System Properties - Advanced - Startup & Recovery Settings and change the setting for Write Debugging Information to NONE. This will prevent future dump writes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back