Fps

ming

OSNN Advanced
Nvidia Ti4200 gfx card.

I've noticed many people mentioning that they are playing Counter Strike with 100fps.... or 99fps...
For some reason, I always get a maximum of about 60fps.

Does anyone know how I can increase this?
I've turned that vertical thing off in the NVidia properties, which increased the fps from 30 to 60 and I'm not sure where the problem lies.

AMD athlon xp 2100+
Gigabyte 7VRX
768mb pc2700 ram
80gb hdd
Ti4200 128mb

Originally posted by ming
Nvidia Ti4200 gfx card.

I've noticed many people mentioning that they are playing Counter Strike with 100fps.... or 99fps...
For some reason, I always get a maximum of about 60fps.

Does anyone know how I can increase this?
I've turned that vertical thing off in the NVidia properties, which increased the fps from 30 to 60 and I'm not sure where the problem lies.

go to console and change the fps_max setting to 100... just type fps_max 100...

the default of cs is usually @ 72 fps.. ie it will not go higher... it is locked...

the engine only goes to 100fps... max... I know this since every frame rendered on my rig is @ 100 regardless of activity on the screen :)

I think I tried that command line before and it didnt work... but I'll try again.. thanx

refresh rate

u need to get the nvidia refresh rate fix. do a yahoo searvh for it

If you have vsync turned on your fps will max out at your refresh rate. Check it in the advanced settings.

LeeJend
|
V
Originally posted by ming

Re: Re: Fps

Originally posted by Sazar
go to console and change the fps_max setting to 100... just type fps_max 100...

the default of cs is usually @ 72 fps.. ie it will not go higher... it is locked...

the engine only goes to 100fps... max... I know this since every frame rendered on my rig is @ 100 regardless of activity on the screen :)
what console are u talking about? Because I'm having the same problem
'console.setmaxfps 100' ? in game correct?

Re: Re: Re: Fps

Originally posted by mattyp
what console are u talking about? Because I'm having the same problem
'console.setmaxfps 100' ? in game correct?

well its either a refresh rate problem fixed by the above recommendations.. or it is due to a locked fps max in the console..

to enable console ensure that your cs shortcut has the following added @ the end..

-console

this comes after the .exe so it looks like this .exe -console

once you have this press the tilde (`) and the console will drop down in game... and then type fps_max 100 and this will increase the limit from the default 72 to 100... so if your video card can handle it :) it will go higher...

100 is the max of the engine CS uses...

if it is vsync related or locked to your refresh... try out refresh force (do a google search for it) and it will allow you to assign the highest supported refresh rates on your monitor and winxp will keep that in memory when you change resolutions...

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back