• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fps

ming

OSNN Advanced
Nvidia Ti4200 gfx card.

I've noticed many people mentioning that they are playing Counter Strike with 100fps.... or 99fps...
For some reason, I always get a maximum of about 60fps.

Does anyone know how I can increase this?
I've turned that vertical thing off in the NVidia properties, which increased the fps from 30 to 60 and I'm not sure where the problem lies.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by ming
Nvidia Ti4200 gfx card.

I've noticed many people mentioning that they are playing Counter Strike with 100fps.... or 99fps...
For some reason, I always get a maximum of about 60fps.

Does anyone know how I can increase this?
I've turned that vertical thing off in the NVidia properties, which increased the fps from 30 to 60 and I'm not sure where the problem lies.
go to console and change the fps_max setting to 100... just type fps_max 100...

the default of cs is usually @ 72 fps.. ie it will not go higher... it is locked...

the engine only goes to 100fps... max... I know this since every frame rendered on my rig is @ 100 regardless of activity on the screen :)

J

jumpy

LeeJend
|
V
Originally posted by ming

M

mattyp

Re: Re: Fps

Originally posted by Sazar
go to console and change the fps_max setting to 100... just type fps_max 100...

the default of cs is usually @ 72 fps.. ie it will not go higher... it is locked...

the engine only goes to 100fps... max... I know this since every frame rendered on my rig is @ 100 regardless of activity on the screen :)
what console are u talking about? Because I'm having the same problem
'console.setmaxfps 100' ? in game correct?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Re: Re: Re: Fps

Originally posted by mattyp
what console are u talking about? Because I'm having the same problem
'console.setmaxfps 100' ? in game correct?
well its either a refresh rate problem fixed by the above recommendations.. or it is due to a locked fps max in the console..

to enable console ensure that your cs shortcut has the following added @ the end..

-console

this comes after the .exe so it looks like this .exe -console

once you have this press the tilde (`) and the console will drop down in game... and then type fps_max 100 and this will increase the limit from the default 72 to 100... so if your video card can handle it :) it will go higher...

100 is the max of the engine CS uses...

if it is vsync related or locked to your refresh... try out refresh force (do a google search for it) and it will allow you to assign the highest supported refresh rates on your monitor and winxp will keep that in memory when you change resolutions...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage