FPS need 60 and higher

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
Ok. I keep getting 59 or 60 fps and if it goes down to 59 the game stops for a sec or less than a sec. How do I get my GeForce 2 MX above 60. I need to get atleast 61 or 62. What program do i need to use?

what game? prolly the game that topping off your fps.

any first person shooting game. CS, UT, MOHAA

well i know in cs on console type "fps_max 100" so you get the most fps out of cs. and for ut. i get wide range of fps so i dont think it is capped and sorry but i dont know about mohaa. but tell me what you get in cs now with the cap removed.

yea it works the highest i went was 62 fps. But its kinda choppy... Cause sometimes it goes back to 59 and 62 back and forth. like 62 and 59 backand froth in a milisecond. or less than a milisecond. do u know what i mean. How do I stop cs from going down to 59 fps?

I would be surprised if you get any modern game to go over 60fps with a GF2 MX. And can you really tell the difference between 59fps and 62fps? I know I sure cant.

you cant. the more 'action' on screen at once such as people/gun fire/ smoke will reduce your fps. it is normal for it to change numbers alot

you know about v-sync and refresh rates, DM? turn off v-sync to get the highest fps your video card will put out. or better yet, get a refresh rate fix and play your games at, say, 85hz and get up to a true 85fps with no dicing off the frames.

ok. and oh yea i could tell the difference between 59 aqnd 60 fps cause of net graph

ahaha yes! I downloaded the lastest nvidea detenators! and it runs coo now. smooth and right. :)

lol "i could tell the difference between 59 aqnd 60 fps cause of net graph" so the two number differences bugged ya that much? but did you notice game quality slowing down at all cuz of 1fps?

yea it bugged me, cause u can see 59 fps. but 60 fps u cant see cause the eye cant see it. what happens if ur fps was 60 and it goes down to 59 or 58? u can tell the difference because it freezes every sec. like 60 (runs smoothly) and 59 FPS (you can see the game freeze for a sec or lower than a second) back and forth every milisecond, or lower than a milisecond.

nah in my games like ut03 for example. fram rate is always jumping from 40fps to as high as 100fps in just seconds depending on the on-screen action. if your games are freezing a tad second each time the frame rate moves then something is wrong with your pc.

i keep reinstalling the detenator drives, and i play cs or ut theres no framrate skip, i see smooth framerate. So good. But if i close cs or ut and play it again the same problem happens. The fps is all good i dont see any framrate skip and runs smoothly, but it freezes every second, like a milisecond, even if there is no action going on . or little than a milisecond. Thats the problem. Does anyone no whats wrong and how to fix this?

are you running any virus scanning software?? Try disabling all things that are running in the background while you play.

Also when was the last time you defragged you HD?? Give it a go if its been awhile. Sometimes that'll help...

aight i'll try to disable anti virus and defrag

Originally posted by _DM_
i keep reinstalling the detenator drives, and i play cs or ut theres no framrate skip, i see smooth framerate. So good. But if i close cs or ut and play it again the same problem happens. The fps is all good i dont see any framrate skip and runs smoothly, but it freezes every second, like a milisecond, even if there is no action going on . or little than a milisecond. Thats the problem. Does anyone no whats wrong and how to fix this?

No read on top. The anti-virus is fine. I reinstalled the detenator drivers and runs smoothly but when i restart cs it the framrate stops every milisecond.

do this. restart your computer. open up task manager. go into cs, jump around and shoot or whatever for a few seconds and exit... check task manager and see if your cpu usage and pagefile usage went down to the levels they were at before you went into cs. cpu usage should never be more than a steady 5% and you shouldn't be using any more than like 150mb of your physical memory.

my PF usage is 105mb. what is pagefile as a little extra crap to cram into my head?

the pagefile is "virtual memory"... it's a file on your hd that windows uses as like unlimited ram... but it's much slower than your physical ram.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back