FPS in HL/CS question...

P

PoLy

I heard there is a way to get your fps (cl_showfps 1) to show frames over 100. At the moment it will sit at 100 and if u do a timerefresh it can go up to any frames your card can handle

is there anyway i can get my HL/CS to show fps over 100 ?

shot
PoLy

the command you are looking for is fps_max eg: (no quotes)
"fps_max 200"

Personally, I would set it to 70 or something, as that is silky smooth. Setting it too high can cause uneven framerates (changing between 70-150 for eg.) which can put you off.

That's why it is capped by default. I think it is capped at your refresh rate.

Other things that I wouldn't recommend to get your fps up:
disable vsync on opengl (assuming u run it on opengl)
run the game in 60hz refresh rate.

Again, I do NOT recommend you do any of the above. Only real purpose is so you can brag about fps.

If you have a border-line system and actually need to speed the game up, I recommend you check out This tweak guide

-insaNity

hmmm...

i know about the fps_max shit but what i am looking for is how to get your net graph or your cl_showfps 1 to show over 100 frames

my fsp_max is like on 999 so thats not the problem

shotalot
PoLy

well then y when u do a timerefresh u can get like 200fps for example when your cl_showfps 1 only says 100?
i wanna get my sl_showfps 1 t show fps over 100

understand now ? :)
PoLy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back