FPS in Counter Strike

M

MonkeyBoy

I am running a T-Bird 1200 Asus MoBo and GeForce mx400 and my FPS is stuck at 60. No matter what drivers I install it will not increase. Any suggetsions ??????

You have to download the Nvidia refresh rate Fix, your FPS are stuck at 60 because by default windows XP locks the refresh rate at 60hz.

just download the refresh fix and you can just choose to set all values to their monitor supported max and there ya go :)

Disable vsync and you wont have to download the fix. If you disable vsync then your videocard will ignore your monitor's refresh rate.

nope, disabling V-sync will still cause XP to set it at 60hz, XP pretty much ignores Disable V-sync and another other settings unless you use REfresh Rate Fix or overrride it manually in DX8

I run at 99fps (1024x768) with GF2 MX PCI, overclocked to 200 core and memory speed, disabled v-sync, I havent downloaded any fixes etc.

I use BLUEorb and SDRAM coolants:rolleyes:

where do you get the refresh fix ?!?

im having simiilar problems with my XP and AMD XP 1700+ and GeForce 2 GTS DDR setup ...

it seems like the mouse movement is a tad lagged behind ...

its not spiky or anything .. just a tad behind in response

how do i disable vsync ? is that part of BIOS ?

Originally posted by Qumahlin
nope, disabling V-sync will still cause XP to set it at 60hz, XP pretty much ignores Disable V-sync and another other settings unless you use REfresh Rate Fix or overrride it manually in DX8

I didnt need the fix I guess. I can disable vsync without it. In Unreal Tournament I get around ~120 fps and in Q3A I get around ~200fps. (geforce3) In windows Xp though Ive got my refreshrate set to 75hz.

Ive never had to use the fix in any of my games.

I'd still try just disabling vsync first then download the fix only if you need it. ;)

Originally posted by bugzy
where do you get the refresh fix ?!?

im having simiilar problems with my XP and AMD XP 1700+ and GeForce 2 GTS DDR setup ...

it seems like the mouse movement is a tad lagged behind ...

its not spiky or anything .. just a tad behind in response

how do i disable vsync ? is that part of BIOS ?

Not in the bios. Go to your display properties, click settings, then click the advanced button, then select the tab that shows your 3DCard, then click "additional properties" and then you can click opengl and direct3d and you should see some options where you can disable it. I have a geforce3 so my display properties could slightly different. :)

in the CS console, type "fps_max 100"
(without the quotes)

Quick interlude

how do you show fps in HL?

Same commands

Best use "net_graph 3" - low on resources and shows lots of details.

net_graph 3 is lower on resources than the other net_graphs, but still higher than it needs to be to show fps

the correct command is
cl_showfps 1
which will show the fps at the top left of the screen.

Didnt need to run that fix....I disabled VSync and I am running at 100 FPS right now.....THANKS !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back