Fps Crazy!!!

M

Mr Dead

I may be missing something but why is everyone so obsessed with fps. I have a Gforce 4 MX 440. Not a great card but I still get between 40 and 100 fps while playing Mohaa (type "fps 1" into consol). My point is can you really tell by eye the difference if your getting 50 or 150 fps? so why spend $100's on a graphics card just for some casual gaming?

no you got it all wrong theyre talking about farts per second

You pay a lot of money for the new cards for the eye candy.

With a GeForce 4 Ti, in Morrowind, you can make the water reflective and generally YUMMY. You can make your environment look smoother etc...

That is why you pay lotsa money for a better card.

Most people are in it for the frames but the true smart purchaser buys it for the features as well as its performance.

I play mohaa with full options @ 1600x1200 and there is not a glitch...

everything looks better with all options turned on and if I can still play without any lag whatsoever I am willing to take that...

try playing return to castle wolfenstein with a GOOD graphics card with full options turned on... @ 1600x1200 on your card and then one that people spend $100's like you say...

:)

you will notice the difference...

also if you are getting 50fps... and the explosions and stuff start stressing your card... your fps will drop...

now don't let people tell you that their card is better and blah blah blah... its all a matter of choice... the eye candy is not as important as game play... :)

I bought my card for features and performance...

/me points to 2 monitors running @ 1280x1024x85hz

helps me when I work...

Originally posted by Mr Dead
I may be missing something but why is everyone so obsessed with fps. I have a Gforce 4 MX 440. Not a great card but I still get between 40 and 100 fps while playing Mohaa (type "fps 1" into consol). My point is can you really tell by eye the difference if your getting 50 or 150 fps? so why spend $100's on a graphics card just for some casual gaming?

Just imagine a game running at 640x480 on a 21" monitor or greater.................ick for sum people a junk card isn't an option unless they want to look at big sqaures running around on there screen blowing each other up.

big sqaures running around on there screen blowing each other up.

:)

reminds me of the good old atari and comodore days of pong et al lol...

yesiree... those were the days...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back