Fox Confirms X-Men 4

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Despite the stupid title "X-Men: The Last Stand", Fox Head Tom Rothman has confirmed that there will indeed be an X-Men 4, and probably more after that as well. Now it's all well and good for him to say that now... but if X-Men 3 is a bomb (which we all know it won't be... even if it sucks) then those words will be quickly eaten.

So why the title "The Last Stand" then? Well, according to the good folks over at Movie Hole, Rothman offers the following explanation:

“It's the conclusion of this trilogy. These three movies work as a trilogy. These characters in this relationship, it's the culmination of that saga. It's the culmination and the resolution of those relationships laid out in the first two movies. That doesn't mean never, I would ever say never again, but I will say that this brings that saga to an end. It's quite the way the last Lord of the Rings, Return of the King, brought that trilogy to a conclusion in terms of those characters, that's what this movie does. It goes all the way back to the first one and rounds off and completes that three-part story”.

Perhaps someone should tell Rothman that the end of the Lord of the Rings was indeed actually the end of the whole series. He might have missed that part.

I personally still have major reservations about the next X-Men film... but my hope has risen over the last month. Let's hope it works out. Thus far the X-Men have been my favorite comic film franchise (yes, even more than Spider-Man) and I'd hate to see it go down the toilet.
via - the movie blog

Awesome :)

Yes I like X-Men more than any other DC or Marvell comics... don't screw it up!! :p

Not really a confirmation though. Just a "never say never" comment.

ming said:
Yes I like X-Men more than any other DC or Marvell comics... don't screw it up!! :p

I'm not sure the next installment could be any worse than "X-Men - the Last Crap" by ratner. :cool:

I think it's going to suck, all it is now is being dieing and coming back to life and pointless fighting....i dunno hopefully it does better the x3 but who knows

I can't wait, i wasn't a huge fan of X-Men at all at first, now I = big fan.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back