forums listed in New Posts

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I'd prefer not to read the titles of threads posted in Hard Talk. There is a select minority who visit the section and those people can (and will) check it regularly anyway. I don't see a reason posts from there need to be listed in the New Posts section. It was a great idea to have those (and the Green Room) posts removed from the Recent Forum Posts, and I'm requesting that the Hard Talk posts be removed from New Posts as well. Thanks. :)

Here's my stance. I think we should leave it as it is.

Besides, if you want Hard Talk removed then for consistency the Green Room should be removed from New Posts as well.

Grandmaster said:
Here's my stance. I think we should leave it as it is.

Besides, if you want Hard Talk removed then for consistency the Green Room should be removed from New Posts as well.

I knew that point would be brought up.

That's fine, remove the Green Room as well. However, Hard Talk by nature involves topics that are controversial, the Green room is intended for casual posting. The Green Room encourages community, I don't believe that Hard Talk does.

Once upon a time,

Due to demand, of at least two members, there was a new section created called "Hard Talk", however, once made, no one really liked the pointlessly annoying and boring section with the exception of about three monkeys, eight members, six banana's and a spider named Sid.

Over time all other members, realised that the section, no matter how unnecessary and crap, was here to stay, so we all just chose to ignore it.

The end.

Wasn't that a fun story ?

In other words, just ignore it and I have nothing better to do at the moment :eek:

SPeedY_B said:
Once upon a time,

Due to demand, of at least two members, there was a new section created called "Hard Talk", however, once made, no one really liked the pointlessly annoying and boring section with the exception of about three monkeys, eight members, six banana's and a spider named Sid.

Over time all other members, realised that the section, no matter how unnecessary and crap, was here to stay, so we all just chose to ignore it.

The end.

Wasn't that a fun story ?

In other words, just ignore it and I have nothing better to do at the moment :eek:

:laugh:

You crazy SOB

Although I don't participate I do like to read the threads now and then and I think it's good for the forum to have such a sub-forum.

(nobody would like my POV)

I honestly don't care what threads are posted as I am not a Mod :p

But honestly...it isn't a big deal to me. I like to read certain threads if the title grabs me. Otherwise I just ignore it. Plain and Simple.

SPeedY_B said:

I was going to avoid that part of it, and you made the point for me. :)

If I'm reading the list of posts, I can't ignore it until I've already read it, and I don't want to read it. I'm not asking for the section to go, just for the posts not to be listed in New Posts.

1. Members who are less serious want rid of Hard Talk from news posts.
2. It gets removed.
3. Members who are more serious then want rid of Green Room, Entertainment, etc (mostly green room, just making an over exaggerated point ;))
4. They get removed.
5. No one's really happy.

It's best just to leave things at they are. As I've said before many times, I don't like the Hard Talk section, and many others don't. However, there are people who do, and also it may even attract new members who wish to talk about the topics up for discussion.

Everyone is different, therefore it's hard to accommodate everybody. The Hard Talk section was created because many members were tired of political bull**** flooding the green room, and now that it's there, people want rid of it. Seems we can't win.

On a side note, I'm sure there's a feature of vb3 which allows the user to select what they want to see in the new posts screen? EP?

Right, the New Posts section should be able to exclude topics from Hard Talk. That's all I'm asking for.

Need EP to look into it then. *slaps*

Last edited:
madmatt said:
Although I don't participate I do like to read the threads now and then and I think it's good for the forum to have such a sub-forum.

(nobody would like my POV)

You should still post, healthy discussion is a good thing.

i was not aware that the "new topice" button was censored.

:(

there should be an option for members to hide forums so that new posts can filter their results

i prefer to have all forums to view as i can and do ignore threads that do not interest me.............

razr v3 :p

My only concern is...I thought it was an ORANGE named Sid? :laugh: :lick:

Ideally each person would be able to select what sections New Posts pulls threads from...but like it has been said, just ignore it :p

SPeedY_B said:
no one really liked the pointlessly annoying and boring section with the exception of about three monkeys, eight members, six banana's and a spider named Sid.

hahahaha

I thought it was a donkey named syd. Yes, it is spelt with a "y". or was that Mr Humphries ?? maybe Mrs Slocombe, or how about Captain Peacock ??? Frankly, I liked Miss Brahms the best, she had a nice chest ..

EP did add a hack to the CP which allowed you to select which fourms you saw when you hit new posts, I imagine it will be back in due course.

So Shuuusshh!

Khayman said:
EP did add a hack to the CP which allowed you to select which fourms you saw when you hit new posts, I imagine it will be back in due course.

So Shuuusshh!

Yeah, I remember that, was a good feature and I'm sure it shall return ;)

On another note, it's all opinion, and can't really be exercised because certain inviduals don't want certain forums. In the event we block things 100%, those who do want to read the material will loose out. The hack shall return, until then, just don't bother reading the forums you don't want to read about :lick:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back