forum server running slow?

napalmnthemorning

OSNN Senior Addict
The forum is opening up very slow today. Maybe it's my new Opera 7.54. I double checked with IE (Yuck!) and the forum was still very sluggish..

Server loads aren't high, and the render speeds seem fine. Must be a problem your end I'm afraid.

The entire net is slow for me today :(
4meg line crawling like a 512 :s

dododododododododo...maybe its a case for the x-files

I've only had slowness with one site lately: Warp2Search.net.

Yeah they been a tad slow, I think they run on quite a few servers tho... so will see what they end up doing..

it was completely down it seemed for a while. but running fine again now

[killa_bunny] said:
it was completely down it seemed for a while. but running fine again now

It was like using a 300 baud modem for the last 3 days. It's somewhat better now but it's still slow for me. Bleh.

Yeah, mine wouldn't load either earlier today

Seems fine now though. =)

Yeah, we are experiencing increased traffic recently and our server admin is in australia. Go figure :)

Well that has definatly helped, but we are getting a higher avergage number of users anyway, which I expected. Not yet at the levels NTFS was at (before january), but we are getting there.

I have disabled forced refreshes on both the frontpage and the forums. Should hopefully decrease the serverload and increase page loading times.

Let me know how it goes, I am very curious to see if it updates the relevent sections (ie last post in forum) or latest news posts correctly.

Sometimes you click a thread and make some tea time.

You come back 3 mintues later and it's just moving and loading.

Sometimes, well it is instant.

Some days are betetr than others.

Yeah, hopefully this change will reduce the number of database queries etc.
We will see.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back