forum.osnn.net in epiphany

X-Istence

Political Access
I installed gnome today, just wanted to post a screenshot of OSNN in ephiphany, a browser that comes pretty much standard with gnome.

It is an really fast awesome browser that is hardly used, and that is a shame.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 169
Yeah it is. I used it a lot when I've dabbled with Linux.

Isn't Epiphany based off the gecko engine, so in essence a Mozilla/Netscape/Firefox clone? :confused:

I personally never seen the point of Epiphany, it is just a frontend for Mozilla.

Glaanieboy said:
Isn't Epiphany based off the gecko engine, so in essence a Mozilla/Netscape/Firefox clone? :confused:

In that case everything would be a netscape clone :p

Why is there a need for Safari when we allready have konq? Why is there a need for another mail applications if we allready have Outlook express?

It is because users want choice. Ephiphany might be YaFETG (Yet another Front End to Gecko) but it gives me a choice if i want to use it or not. If i don't want it, i could just grab Firefox instead and use it.

Ephiphany is a small little browser that does what it needs to do, and does it well. I find it a fair bit faster than Firefox on the same hardware.

btw, you might want to install the webfonts port so the site doesnt look awful fontwise ;)

Geffy said:
btw, you might want to install the webfonts port so the site doesnt look awful fontwise ;)

That screws over a lot of things. For one, then underlines don't show up anymore in any browser at all. For some reason they are disappear, second i used to have a lot of fonts installed properly, but they got screwed over the last time i decided to just uninstall and reinstall everything :p.

X-Istence

FireFox should be the only Gecko front end (aside from the Moz Suite) :p

Does epiphany utilise tabs ?

I remember using epiphany when I had Slackware. It was part of the Dropline Gnome installation. The fonts looked MUCH better though. It's a simple, lightweight browser (pretty much like K-Meleon), but I couldn't use it for more than a couple of days.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back