Forms / Select / Help needed :)

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I am currently trying to make an easier way to select channels / servers for a Java IRC applet, and have decided to use 'select's
But what i want it to do, is if i select EFnet in the first select, only #xperience will show in the next select.
So basically only related channels appear once a server is selected...

Code:
[i]Here's the form code so far, it just has manual selection at the moment[/i]
[b]<form name=pie method="POST" action="ircwin32.php">
<select size="6" name="server" style="background : #808080;	border : 1px solid #FFFFFF; color : #FFFFFF; font-size : 10px">
<option selected value="irc.dynastynet.net">Dynastynet</option>
<option value="irc.undernet.org">Undernet</option>
<option value="irc.efnet.org">EFnet</option>
<option value="irc.mystica.cx">Dropnet</option>
</select>

<select size="6" name="chans" style="background : #808080;	border : 1px solid #FFFFFF; color : #FFFFFF; font-size : 10px">
<option selected value="#speedy">#SPeedY</option>
<option value="#blog">#BloG</option>
<option value="#losttheplot">#LTP</option>
<option value="#losttheplot #blog #speedy">ALL</option>
</select>

<br><br>

<input type="text" value="Nick" name="nick" size="20" style="background : #808080;	border : 1px solid #FFFFFF; color : #FFFFFF; font-size : 10px">

<input type="submit" value="Go!" name="buttton" style="background : #808080;	border : 1px solid #FFFFFF; color : #FFFFFF; font-size : 10px">
</form>
[/b]

Hmmm, i'm alittle lost, what do you mean "only #xperience will show" , where is #xperience in the select options???
if your only using it as a bad example well then, what do you mean "related channels" related how?
the ofcorce there is the option you are trying to hack the IRC applet on Xp-erience.com for your own use... than just download it for free.

no, im not using the applet from xp-erience, they use jIRC, and its not free, i already have it on my site, this is for a different purpose.

I mean, when efnet is selected on the left, only #xperience will show in the list (i know its not there atm!)
when dynastynet is selected on the left only speedy/blog/ltp will show in the list
when dropnet is selected only #projectdolphin will show

this is only the initial page which will pass variables onto the java applet itself and tell it where to go, which is why i want related channels on the right servers, selecting EFnet and #speedy will take you to a channel im not on, if you see what i mean....

are you able to use PHP?

Well an idea for a basic scheme is : remove the option of server select, leave only channels , give every channel a tag (in the applet i think, more logical) and by the channel tag Set apple to determine what server to join.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back