Formatting tools .....

B

banter

I have downloaded partition magic v7 because i was told it could convert from ntfs to fat32, but unfortunately i cannot afford to buy the full product, so does anyone know if i can download a similar program that can also convert ntfs to fat32 for free, or atleast a 30 trial ??

Thanks.

nope, I have never heard of one, that was free.

Sorry

:cool:

Originally posted by Benny
Fdisk, then Win98 format.

Yep that will work ok, only one small problem with it, it erases all the data, I'm pretty sure he's trying to keep his data intact, but if he isn't then of course Benny's suggestion will work. after you delete that partition that is.

ahem, did you read the question?

He wants to convert NTFS over to FAT32 and most likely try to save the data on it, the link you provided only tells how to install XP and use FAT32, not how to convert an existing file system over to another one.

If you're on a Win98/ME computer and would like to read from or write to an NTFS drive, you could try Winternals "NTFS for Win98." Its a commercial program, but they have a 'read-only' downloadable demo in their downloads section. :)

http://www.winternals.com/products/fct/index.asp

Maybe it's of help.

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back