Formatting iPod

nod32

OSNN Addict
I ran into some troubles with my ipod and i have to format it.. The way apple tells me to do it doesnt work (through itunes). I know theres a way to format it through command prompt but im not sure how. Can someone tell me?

Thanks
Matt

[rant] I sent my ipod in for service expecting to get a new one becuase it was over heating and refusing to turn on. It was covered under warranty and everything, but becuase it had a dent in it, it was sent back becuase " A diagnostic evaluation has determined that your ipod has internal and external physical damage resulting from an external force". (Even though the dent had nothing to do with the ipod not working) [/rant]

I tried that but after the restore it keeps going back to the "Use iTunes to restore" screen. It actaully always is in disk mode when i plug it in.

Thanks for your help

Wow learned something new,

Didn't know that the Ipod can be reformatted,

Thanks,

Heeter

If you format your IPod you will lose everything, including the menus and such, except the ROM, there is no way to get them back either. so formatting is not a smart move ..

Did you try to reset it instead ?? or restore it to factory default ??

If you format your IPod you will lose everything, including the menus and such, except the ROM, there is no way to get them back either. so formatting is not a smart move ..

Did you try to reset it instead ?? or restore it to factory default ??

The poster is using format/restore/factory default interchangeably :)

I did try to restore it, and reset and did the 5 R's.
This happened to me a while ago and i went into command prompt, typed something in, then restored the ipod with ipod updater. I was pretty sure i typed in format:xxxxx but i guess not. I just wanna get my ipod working.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back