Formatting Drive

omgsoup

OSNN Senior Addict
right, so i'm about to do a clean install of XP Pro using an XP pro upgrade. i've backed up important files, and some install programs. so to format my drive, all i have to do is go to "c:\windows" and type in "fdisk"? and it'll go go go? and when i put back my saved files, say, emails, i just need to know the folders where they are kept, and just paste them there, and nothing bad will happen, and i'll find all my emails as i left them? or do i need to set up the email addresses before i do that?

right, i have my importatn files burned on a cd, but i can just take the files (i'm most concerned with my outlook emails, b/c the rest is just like saved game files, and those are simple enough) so i just install outlook express, and know the filepath the original emails were contained in, and the open up that same file path once i've reformatted, and put the files from the back up there? and do i need to create the users on outlook before i do that, or will it not really mess anything up?

fwd all your emails to one account then after you format and install, recheck your mail and you'll have everything

Use the Transfer Files and Settings Wizard to save all your mails and documents. If you don't have XP installed now, insert the XP CD and run it from there (it's in the CD menu).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back