formating the drive

• Thread starter mafiafromrussia
  • Start date
M

mafiafromrussia

i was wondering on how to format. i got 2 partitions witn WIN ME on FAT32 and WIN XP on NTFS. so what i want to know is how do i get to erase everything and install xp all over again.

OK ZERO COOL, the best thing to do is:

Boot your computer with a bootable XP CD and delete all the partitions and creat a new partition, then format using either FAT or NTFS.

You can also, boot the computer using a win (98, ME, 2K, XP) boot disk and use the fdisk command to delete all the partitions and then create new partitions. Then use format command to format and install your new OS!

i think i should've specified that i dont want to do anything to WIN ME and FAT32 partition. all i want to know if how do i format that NFTS partition with WIN XP on it , so later i can install xp from WIN ME again.

Do what "R" MAN AUDIO said: "Boot your computer with a bootable XP CD and delete all the partitions and creat a new partition, then format using either FAT or NTFS. "

When you boot up with the cd just format the partition with xp on it. Leave ME alone.

where do i get that bootable cd? or i just get that file "XP Professional Boot Disks Maker" from downloads section?

The bootable CD is your plain old WinXP install CD

JJB6486

you can install straight from yer XP CD - (bootable)... no real need for any other boot disks...

MdSalih

allright thanks for info. now i just have to find where i put that xp cd :)

Make sure you've got the cd key number. Without it you are.....well......stuffed. ;)

dont worry, i've got couple of them in here just incase :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back