Formating Question

Android412

OSNN Addict
My computer got hit by virus (I think), basically none of the optional things start up anymore when I boot up. No biggie, it's been two years and I've never reformated so I figure it's about time anyway. Luckily my cd burner still works so I can back up whatever I need to. My question is, what all should I be backing up that I probably wouldn't think of? Obviously all my documents, my mp3's, my game saves, a list of all the programs (and there cracks) that i've downloaded and use frequently so I can get them again. Is there anything else that I'm not thinking of?

I'm doing thing Mon. or Tues. night so any help before then would be a great help.

thanks in advance,

Android412

email settings. Not just emails. last time i formatted i saved all my emails but not the settings then had to try to remember 7 difffernt pop account details!! :)

Khayman said:
email settings. Not just emails. last time i formatted i saved all my emails but not the settings then had to try to remember 7 difffernt pop account details!! :)
Unlucky mate.
For those who do not already know, you can set Outlook to save all emails to a different folder/partition by changing the locaton of the storage folder.
As for email 'settings' these will have to be exported through File>Export....

anything else? I'm doing this tonight. Hopefully I'll be back up within a day or two.

Duno what else, but I would suggest a format using Win98 boot disk to make sure nothing is left on the HD. Also a good way to check to see if there are any errors on the disk itself coz scandisk/chkdsk with Windows ME/2k/XP won't fix errors as I have noticed on my HD recently.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back