Format Xp

hmm take a win98 bootdisk and use fdisk or do it with partition magic

I always use the program CD, and run it as a boot CD. There, you can create and delete partitions, along with creating any that you like, including doing it on the system drive. I've done it several times.

Melon

chu don need no stinkin' boot disk!

just use the winxp cd and set your first boot device in bios to cd.

arrgghhh - i have to format mine this week, since one of my hdds is dying.

Formatting with XP

I rebuilt my system this past weekend in order to eliminate a partition and a dual boot set-up with Windows ME. :D

It is a very simple process if your system is able to boot from the CD (as opposed to booting from a floppy and using FDISK).

XP Setup allows you to delete partitions and then create new ones. A slight drawback is that it only formats the drive where you tell it to install XP to.

Once XP is installed, you can format the other drives from Windows Explorer or My Computer.

Re: Formatting with XP

Originally posted by SysProg
I rebuilt my system this past weekend in order to eliminate a partition and a dual boot set-up with Windows ME. :D

Why would you want to dual boot with a well known virus? (Windows ME that is) :confused:

with any NT based OS (NT4, 2000, xp, .net) all you need is the OS disk....... setup first partition as you load OS. setup any others after with the disk administrator........ this is the best a way and makes NT the happiest...:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back