format slave to fat32

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
I dont have the option to format my slave to fat32! Is there anyother way to do this?

I read that just a bit ago, but they said something about only 32gb being seen? It weird too, cuz i used to have the option for fat32 format, and now i dont..btw its formating

edit..no good

Attachments

• no good.jpg
    no good.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
i had a program in my old vista set up i downloaded that let me format and partition, but i forgot what it was

format it with windows XP :)
I suspect that won't work for volumes over 32GB either. There's a MSKB article about the limitations here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314463

The OS will recognize FAT32 volumes that are larger than 32GB, but the built-in tool can't format them. I've seen reports of people using Partition Magic to format, but there should surely be some free alternatives out there.

Last edited:
i know there are, but i cant find em. Partition magic doesn't work in vista, acronis demos kinda suck, i dont want to pay for something ill use once..

hmm... i thought that 32GB limit was only during the setup portion of XP.. if you attach/install a new drive, i thought it was possible to partition and format a FAT32 partition larger than 32GB.

I could be wrong, it's been a LONG time since I worked with FAT32 partitions.

First question comes to mind why Fat 32? next if you must have Fat 32 does it have to be the whole drive or would 1 or 2 partitions suffice?
If the first question can be answered maybe someone can think of another solution.

Go to Seagate or Western Digital and download their drive tools. Either of them can format the entire drive FAT32 or NTFS no matter what the size is.

I dont get how to use it, its just a bunch of files with no exe or anything..maybe im missing something!
It's a LiveCD, so you burn the ISO image to a CD and boot from it like you would with a Windows setup disc.
When it loads, you'll be presented with a UI to manage your disk partitions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back