Forgotten my Admin Password in XP

E

edlimym

Dear people, I am using WinXP Pro with SP1 and I forgotten my Admin password. I am sharing the PC with my brothers/sisters. Is there a way to retrieve it or do I have to re-format the OS. We got lots of datas in it. Please help. Thanks.

yep, we are sorry but due to the fact that we cannot be 100% sure that it is a legitimate request and that you are not trying to get into any other machine than your own we cant really help with getting the Admin password.

you could try installing WinXP on top of itself as this will not kill your data, and it might allow you to set the admin password again

do any of the other users are admins on the machine?? if so you can reset the admin password that way.

Is that the inbuilt Administrator account or your account with administrative rights?

Try this - at the welcome screen hit ctrl+alt+del twice. This should bring up the Win2000 style login box. Type Administrator as username and leave the password blank. If you are lucky the inbuilt Administrator account is not password protected.

Someone didn't read the post by the nice moderator, naughty person, ummmmm

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back