Forgotten login pass in win2K ! help

V

Vsync

My friends laptop has win2k installed, and the password he's
sure should work doesn, so he couldn't use his laptop for
some months, please help me help him.

he has no cdrom drive there, i'm justing looking for quick
way to override this

If you have some access to the pc that has adminstrative rights, just log into the pc with that credential and change the password locally.

Barring that, you really only have 3 options that I know of:

1) Your best bet is to purchase a program called "ERD Commander 2002" from www.winternals.com. It is a recovery program built for Win2k/XP that lets you do administrative wonder-stuff like change passwords locally as well as some other great stuff. Downside is that it's ~$400 for a single license.

2) l0pht crack. (www.@stake.com). All it does is password recovery. Downside is also ~$300 for a license and can take days if not weeks to bruteforce a password open.

3) Reformat and start over again.

Win2k/XP were built to be protected from doing exactly what you are trying to do otherwise.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back