Forgot Password When BOOT-UP

E

edmatko

A friend of mine had packed his computer up prior to moving and when he set it up at his new place and booted it up.... relaized he forgot the user password. Is there a way around this dilema such as safe-mode or other...... I personaly dont know as I am not familiar with XP, hence; my attempt at finding help for him on the net.

Please help

Ed

If there really is no way, then u can try to reinstall xp i guess.. you won't lose any data.. unless it's in the windows directory.

wait, lemme get this straight. u want us to teach you how to hack windows xp for the administrator password in(I'm assuming) less than half a year? I'll be praying for you.

He should have at least two accounts set up on his machine. The "Administrator" and the regular user account. He lost both passwords? I'm pretty sure it's possible, but I don't know how to do it. My advice is ctrl+alt+format.

Booting in safe mode will not get you around the password. He can try booting to the XP CD and do a full install to see if it will overwrite the existing password file. If it doesn't then he will probably have to reformat his hard drive and do a clean install.

Is the dirve formatted NTFS or Fat? If its FAT, he can at least boot from a floppy and copy his documents, saved games, favorites, etc off to another drive/media and then re-install clean.

I just posted a reply to almost the same question in Networking.... check it out

thread name: gay username

Just remember that by performing the steps listed on the thread it will delete all user accounts that have been created previously.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back