Forgot password Login Xp

If you mean by logging on to your Windows XP account, did you create a hint? Did you read the hint?

If the hint did not help you, (Are you a admin on the machine?), ask some one who has admin accesses to log in and you can go to User Accounts and click your username and change the password to something else and then log off and try logging into your own one. Or if you have a password reset disk, put it in the drive and then click your name (on the welcome screen). There is a button to reset your password.

Boot into safe mode and log into the admin account and change yr password.

I tried "administrator" with password...but i can't enter require password...so...how reset? where? i dont see any reset of password

Do what I told you.. boot into safe mode and log into the Admin account. then just go to control panel and change the password for yr user.

There is no way to reset the passwords in XP unless you have access. Asking for a way to reset the password when you dont have access is a guidelines violation.
It is the whole point of having usernames and passwords on a computer. You shouldnt be able to just reset a password unless you are able to get into the computer, or else anyone can just reset a password for any account and get in.
The only solution would be to reformat and reinstall the OS...

You could try that thing with the Windows 2000 boot disk but I dont know anything about it.

Originally posted by PseudoKiller
There is no way to reset the passwords in XP unless you have access. Asking for a way to reset the password when you dont have access is a guidelines violation.
It is the whole point of having usernames and passwords on a computer. You shouldnt be able to just reset a password unless you are able to get into the computer, or else anyone can just reset a password for any account and get in.
The only solution would be to reformat and reinstall the OS...

actually if you know the administrtaor password you can reset any groups password i know cuz ive done it myself

boot into safe mode
click administrator type in password go to user accounts and theres a change password thing... cant remember exactly but just play about in the users part and that wil reset it or just remove password in the account then get into your account and set new password

sorry psuedo ignore the quote above thought you meant summin else

Originally posted by PlagueWielder
Boot into safe mode and log into the admin account and change yr password.

Only works on Home Edition. ;)

If it Is YOUR computer you could also try this utility. I have used it on many occasions without any problems. If you do something wrong with it then you will have to start over with a clean install.

Like i said. Only use this if it is your computer!!

yep that disk does wonders, but a s said only use it on your won pc

Yeah... bypassing the passwords setup in Xp is a guidelines violation and now this thread is closed.

Thread Closed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back