Forget my system password

dal2lad

OSNN Newbie
I have DELL laptop, I had a problem with my hard drive, I decided to replace it with a new one. The problem I faced is I forget the system password. How do I reset that password.

Thnk you for you technical assistance.

try clearing the cmos, by taking out the battery and touching the clip with a screw driver. that will short the cmos, and reset it if im right, and stick the battery back in and turn the pc on

You cant reset CMOS password with most modern laptops without use of a engineer.
RTM I think :(

What model?
Tried dell's support site?

I know there's a Windows Password Cracker that is based off of a Linux build. Download that and just change or reset the password.

yeah and dont forget the site and other programs that can crack windows passwords. I have tons of them... I will upload and post them all later. BTW I have a ton warez too. Might have to send links to all that I have. Who wants windows xp pro for free!!

PseudoKiller said:
yeah and dont forget the site and other programs that can crack windows passwords. I have tons of them... I will upload and post them all later. BTW I have a ton warez too. Might have to send links to all that I have. Who wants windows xp pro for free!!
Sorry to ask...but isn't this illegal!? :D
As far to the question set here, the answer can be found here: http://www.cil.pt/filelib/pub/DELL/Workstation/420/Manuais/1223ten4/sysetup.htm#disabling_a_forgotten_password :)

I think if you know PK you will understand his infamous irony and wit.... :p

what do you need the system password for anyway? you dont need to get to the bios or anything do you?

i dont know 'bout u, but this guy sounds shady to me :cool:

Sorry but my sarcasm was directed towards ShepsCrook ...

Mainframeguy said:
I think if you know PK you will understand his infamous irony and wit.... :p
I'm not around here and I'm new to this forum, so......Nevertheless could put in the end a smile pointing so, because could cause problems for the administrators of these forum.I know that because despite the irony fact, a stranger could get it wrong :(

maddoctor said:
I'm not around here and I'm new to this forum, so......Nevertheless could put in the end a smile pointing so, because could cause problems for the administrators of these forum.I know that because despite the irony fact, a stranger could get it wrong :(
Sarcasm doesnt require a smilie. Plus since I am such a bastard I dont wanna.
On a side note... the admin and mods can all kiss my ass.

PseudoKiller said:
Sarcasm doesnt require a smilie. Plus since I am such a bastard I dont wanna.
On a side note... the admin and mods can all kiss my ass.
Now I beleive the remarks above that are 100% geniue and true!
Keep on walking..... :D

champ2005 said:
what do you need the system password for anyway? you dont need to get to the bios or anything do you?

i dont know 'bout u, but this guy sounds shady to me :cool:

Naaa I think that password, with right BIOS setting, would mean it was required right at machine boot - pre-windows - to enter right after POST (or even before, me not sure)... so that does not make him shadey.

But I would like to hear back if he follows up MadDoctors link and does the reset thing (although maybe nervous to open laptop) Post back would be good anyway....

Mainframeguy said:
But I would like to hear back if he follows up MadDoctors link and does the reset thing (although maybe nervous to open laptop) Post back would be good anyway....
The link-solution that I gave above is the official solution given from DEll for these kind of troubles.So normally shouldn't have any problem :rolleyes:

Nice sarcasm. Why would it be a problem if you're the owner of the computer?

ShepsCrook said:
Nice sarcasm. Why would it be a problem if you're the owner of the computer?
go read the forum guidelines and then maybe youll understand.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back